Tropes that apply to The Legends Of Hiro include:
- Action Girl: Mihari. Hiro would rather fight a demon than try and fight her. To get past her he has to put her to sleep first and then take her sword.
- The Alcoholic: Skum.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The characters love doing this, especially Hiro himself.
- Creator Cameo: A hidden side quest allows Hiro to meet the man who made the game and recieve a special item from him.
- Cutscene Boss: The demon goes down as soon as you use the sword on it, making it impossible to actually lose.
- Fanservice: When Hiro chooses to look at something most of the time he just gives a short description of the object, but if the player chooses to look at one of the many female NPCs they are treated to a detailed portrait along with the discription.
- Nice Hat: Hiro wears a pretty nice one, but his friend Majutsu has one that defies the laws of physics!
- Porn Stash: Hiro is implied to keep one of these inside his cupboard.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Using the touch button on female characters elicts this kind of response.