Video Game: Super Methane Bros
Super Methane Bros. is an Elimination Platformer. The original version for the Amiga and Amiga CD32 was released by Apache Software in 1994; programmer Mark Page produced a free remake of the game in 2001 for Windows, Linux and RiscOS. It has subsequently been released for various mobile devices.Puff and Blow are the Super Methane Brothers. They blast baddies with their Methane Gas Guns. The Tower of Time has 100 floors. The key to the tower is in four pieces.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Bonus Stage: If you find an organ, you are transported to a bonus stage where you try to collect notes without colliding with the Mad Musician who drops them.
- Every 10,000 Points: Puff and Blow each get an extra life for every 100,000 points, and before that for the first 10,000 and 50,000 points.
- Floating in a Bubble: Blasting enemies leaves them floating in methane bubbles.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Puff and Blow use these between levels.
- Impossible Item Drop: Enemies usually drop toys.
- In Case of Boss Fight, Break Glass: The three intermediate bosses can only be destroyed by repeated hits to their glass cockpits.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: Large treasure chests appear in a few hard-to-reach places.
- Monster Clown: Clowns appear as both ordinary enemies and bosses.
- Mook Maker: These appear on a few levels, and qualify as enemies that have to be destroyed.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: Springboards, in levels where they appear, can be moved around.
- Stalked by the Bell: Time Minions will appear to chase Puff and Blow if they take too long to finish a level.
- Weapons That Suck: The two brothers' weapons can trap enemies in gas bubbles, but to actually defeat them they have to suck the bubbles in and blow them out so that they crash against the stage walls.
- Wrap Around: Horizontal and/or vertical, in most levels.