Simple point-and-click Flash game created by Cassie Creighton, aged 5, at the 2011 Toronto Game Jam with the help of her father Ryan. Playing as Sissy, a young girl obsessed with ponycorns, you travel through rainbow portals and outwit hammy villains to collect all five of the titular creatures in jars. The crayon graphics and goofy dialogue make for a surprisingly charming game.Can be played here.
This game provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The ponycorns' names. They are called Lady Fuzzwuzzle, Fluffybuns, (inaudible), Poo Pants, and Orange Boy.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "That's what you get for being evil! And a lemon!"
- A Winner Is You
- Baleful Polymorph: Sissy uses her convenient magical powers to turn the dinosaur into a mouse.
- Edible Ammunition: The coconut found in the tiger's lair can be used to defeat the floating lemon.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Ponycowns!
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Everything's Better with Rainbows
- Gotta Catch 'Em All
- Heel–Face Door-Slam / Redemption Rejection: "The lemon is still evil."
- Heel–Face Turn: The ending sequence reveals that the tiger winds up turning good.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The ponycorns, of course.
- Moon Logic Puzzle: 5-year-old-little-girl logic in this case. The puzzle solutions are very... random, although it's short enough that just clicking everything works well enough.
- Poke the Poodle: The lemon threatens to spit in Sissy's eye.
- Precision F-Strike: Obviously less intense variant: Sissy friggin' LOVES ponycorns!
- Schmuck Bait: Sissy is able to steal a ponycorn from the tiger by asking him to close his eyes for a few seconds.
- Secret Test of Character: Orange Boy, the final ponycorn, disguised himself as a human to test Sissy's kindness.
- The Unintelligible: Orange Boy.