Video Game: ReRave
ReRave is a rhythm/action game currently released for iOS systems and the arcade. It was produced by Kyle Ward and Chris Foy, who were two of the same developers behind In the Groove before Konami filed a lawsuit against them. The core mechanic is based on rotating power symbols that match the rhythm when they point up and stop rotating. On beginner levels it's pretty simple. On some higher-rated levels, however, it tends to be much harder than it looks.Not be confused with the song of the same name that was on Pump It Up Pro, although it might be a Shout-Out.
Provides examples of:
- Button Mashing: Multi-taps are a rhythm-based version.
- Exergaming: Although right now much of the focus has been on the touchscreen-based versions of the game, it was originally announced as a dance game with a unique touchpad-esque dance pad.
- Harder Than Hard: Originally the difficulty meter went from 1 to 9; it was later expanded up to 11, and the 13th pack introduced Your Own Destiny, a 12. The arcade version has a 13 with Black Magic.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: Easy, Hard and Master.note
- Lucky Charms Title: The ReRave logo is usually stylized with the notes replacing the e's.
- Rank Inflation: Grades go from F to A to 5 stars as of the 1.3 update.
- Rhythm Game
- Speedy Techno Remake: "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by KaW
- Spiritual Successor: To the In the Groove series