Video Game / Mush
Discover the emotions!
is an Puzzle Platformer
developed by the five-student Wales team Angry Mango
. Their debut game, it entered and won a global competition, and went on to collect a few more awards before being released exclusively for the Windows Phone 7.
The game is based around the ability to alter the main character's moods at will by drawing a smile, a frown, flipping the phone, or shaking it, with each emotions giving Mush different abilities. The goal of the game is to track down Mush's four friends, with whom he is playing tag, and make it home in time for tea.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Includes Examples Of:
- 100% Completion: Finding all the minimotes. The title of the achievement for finding the first ten dauntingly proclaims "Only 9 Million To Go..." There's only 1280 in total.
- A Winner is You: "Whew, that was a tiring game. Let's go home."
- Excuse Plot: Why is Mush traversing all of these sprawling, varied environments full of dangerous hazards? He's playing tag.
- Interface Screw: Played with. Turning the phone upside down makes Mush confused and flips the environment, but the controls remain the same.
- Insistent Terminology: Although Mush is stated to be playing tag, he's clearly playing Hide and Seek, as he has to find his hiding friends and he's always It no matter how many of them he locates.
- Killer Rabbit: Angry!Mush is adorable, and plows through rocks and enemies like they're made of tissue paper.
- Mood-Swinger: The main game mechanic; Mush swings between Neutral, Happy, Sad, Confused, and Angry at the player's behest.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Just look at them! They're emoting balls of fluff!
- Silent Protagonist: While the other fluffballs do speak, Mush says nary a word.
- Speed Run: The Emotion Ninja achievement is awarded for completing a level in under five minutes.
- Turns Red: A rare protagonist example. Like most boss examples, he even speeds up and grows more powerful.