Video Game: Linear RPG
Linear RPG is an Adobe Flash game by Sophie Houlden that reduces linear "role-playing" games to their simplest components.It can be played online.
Linear RPG provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Just a Dream: A wet dream to be precise...
- Big Bad: The Alphabetti Spaghetti
- The Chosen One: Kliche
- Contemplate Our Navels: One example: "Kliche considers the fact that destiny and fate are really the same thing, but perhaps the old man was referring to a deeper truth in the causality of the universe and the phenomena that make up his life..."
- Cool Horse: The pegacorn, so cool that Chuck Norris has like eight of them.
- Doomed Hometown
- Emergency Transformation: The pegacorn transforms into Bruce Lee mode.
- Excuse Plot: You don't even have to read the plot to complete the game.
- Good Morning, Crono: As seen in the page image.
- Level Grinding: ... No, seriously.
- Meaningful Name: Lots.
- No Ending
- One-Winged Angel: The later forms of the Alphabetti Spaghetti.
- Running Gag: Kliche always wakes up feeling wet.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Tseret Nievol
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Kliche's first girlfriend.
- Treacherous Advisor: The Alphabetti Spaghetti
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: A stealth minigame. Of course, it's only mentioned in the Excuse Plot while you just keep on walking to the left and right.
- Winged Unicorn: The mysterious Tseret Nievol has a pet pegacorn, supposedly so awesome that Chuck Norris has eight of them.