Video Game / Gundam Wing Endless Duel
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel
was a Fighting Game
developed by Natsume
and released for the Super Famicom in 1996 by Bandai. It was quite a technical achievement for the time as it included vertical scrolling (something that wouldn't be a standard for fighting games on home consoles for a few more years). Each player takes on the role of one of the various Gundams (or Tallgeese, or Mercurius, or Vayeate, or Epyon through a button code.)
Though Endless Duel
never left Japan, the same engine was used for another mecha-based SNES fighter, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition
Gundam Wing Endless Duel contains the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Lady Une, Lucrezia Noin
- Cap: Trial Mode will never end no matter how many fights you win...though the win counter stops at 99.
- Chain Reaction Destruction: Defeated fighters repeatedly explode while falling to the ground.
- Cheat Code: Pressing LLLLRRRRLRLRLRLR while highlighting Tallgeese in vs. mode or trial mode allows you to play as Epyon.
- Final Boss: Epyon.
- Humongous Mecha: This is Gundam after all.
- SNK Boss: Epyon.