Video Game: Extreme Pinball
Extreme Pinball is a pinball video game developed by Digital Extremes and Epic Megagames, and published by Electronic Arts for MS-DOS computers and the Sony PlayStation. It was the first game by Digital Extremes, though founder James Schmalz had previously created Silverball and Epic Pinball.The game has the following tables:
- "Rock Fantasy"
- "Medieval Knights"
- "Urban Chaos"
- "Monkey Mayhem"
Extreme Pinball contains examples of:
- Dystopia: The city of "Urban Chaos", complete with wrecked cars and a Chalk Outline in the streets..
- Maniac Monkeys: The premise of "Monkey Mayhem".
- No Plot? No Problem!
- Spiritual Successor: To Epic Pinball
- Sword Fight: Shown prominently on the playfield of "Medieval Knights", and used as the table's Video Mode.
- There Are No Good Executives: A mild case appears in "Rock Fantasy", which shows a smiling Record Company executive chomping a cigar and holding out two handfuls of cash.
- Top-Down View
- Unwilling Suspension: The heroine in "Monkey Mayhem" is hanging by a rope around her wrists over a pit of monkeys.
- Video Mode: "Medieval Knights" features a sword fight between two knights.