is a puzzle video game developed by MagicalTimeBean for the PC and Xbox 360.
The main character is a purple goat accused of witchcraft, who is punished for his crimes by being sent to the Prison of Agnus, filled with platformer puzzles. Along the way, he not only gains a mouse companion to help trigger switches (and switch places with when the right power-up is obtained), but also comes across sheep asking for help in finding their siblings. Only seven of the nine areas (each with one sheep) need to be cleared in order to leave the prison, but the goat's escape might not be quite as easy as it seems...
The game later made its way to Steam
, and now has a sequel, Escape Goat 2
This Indie Game features the following Tropes:
- Dash Attack: An initial ability of the protagonist.
- Double Jump: Another ability of the goat.
- Frictionless Ice: Encountered mainly in The Frozen Cavern, but also in other levels. Not only do you slip, but moving objects (such as saws and the mouse) are unable to cross over them.
- The Grim Reaper: The only living obstacle to encounter in the game are Reapers. They throw fireballs if they see you, which can be useful for some puzzles, and can be destroyed by saw blades or by being crushed.
- Living MacGuffin: The nine sheep, at least seven of which are required to leave the Prison.
- Talking Animal: Every animal in the game.
- Video Game Settings:
- Wall Crawl: A special ability of the mouse, used to reach certain switches.
- Weaponized Teleportation: When swapping with the mouse using the Magic Hat, objects between the two of them can be destroyed, such as boxes and Reapers.