Video Game / Doom Forge
is a free-to-play browser-based Flash
developed and published by Xenao Games
, and available through Facebook.
You play as the role of a gladiator, fighting in an arena for money, power, and glory. To be precise, you are fighting to gain the title of greatest champion of this arena, and fighting to protect others from nabbing it for themselves. However, getting to the top (and staying there) will be a long and hard journey, wrought with perils from many turns... Customize your warrior, fight against others in the arena, earn experience and silver to obtain more advanced gear, work odd jobs for some extra silver, search for resources for crafting items, occasionally fight bosses, and become the top champion of the arena!
This game can be played at here
(main site), here
(Facebook), or here
Doom Forge provides examples of:
- Anti-Poop Socking: There used to be a limit upon how many battles one could commence per a time based on their current level of energy. However, a few months after the game's release, the developers decided to remove the energy system from the game enitrely.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Certain item sets, gold, and even silver can be bought with enough real-world cash. As a result, those who utilize the "Bank" and similar cash-shop features tend to advance faster as well as be more powerful compared to normal players.
- The Berserker: The Berserker subclass. Focuses on dealing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible, have the ability to dual-wield one-handed weapons, sacrifice their ability to wear heavy armor, cannot utilize shields, and have the ability to use their built-up rage to release massive damage upon their opponents. Consequently, Strength and Agility are the two main stats that most Berserkers invest points in.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Upon death, the only things that players lose are a portion of their current silver, their current standing in the arena rankings drops, and their winning streak (which can be cashed in for EXP and silver coins per every 5 wins in a row) gets reset back to zero.
- Dual Wielding: Berserkers have the ability to dual-wield two one-handed weapons - therefore increasing their damage potential enormously.
- Excuse Plot: Fight against other people in the arena, to gain money and experience, buy more equipment, and to become the greatest champion!
- Experience Booster: If a player successfully performs a fatality (by using a damaging Active Skill which also successfully hits the opponent) against another player in an arena match, the former obtains more experience from the fight than usual.
- Gladiator Games: The main setting that this game takes place in.
- Healing Potion: All classes may use healing potions to rejuvenate some of their lost health.
- Heal Thyself: Paladins have the ability to utilize healing spells to heal themselves of some accrued damage.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: The Warrior base class. It's the first class that every character receives upon creation, and is intended to introduce new players into the game. This base class can use all items up to level 10, and allocate skill points into Active and Passive Skills from the first three Tiers (which are more generalized set).
- The Paladin: The Paladin subclass. Focuses more on outlasting their opponents, prefer to wear heavy armor (and are the only subclass able to plate armor), can only use one-handed weapons in their main hand, a shield in their off-hand, and may learn minor healing magic. Consequently, Strength and Intellect are the two primary stats that most Paladins focus upon.
- Play Every Day: Every time a player enters the game for the first time of that particular day, he or she attains some silver, healing potions, or some gold. What item he or she obtains specifically, depends on the number of consecutive played days (better known as the daily bonus).
- Point Build System: For every new level a player gains, he or she obtains 5 stat points and 1 skill point which can allocated to increase his or her statistics (Strength, Stamina, Agility, or Intellect) and improve or add new skills respectively.
- Prestige Class: After reaching level 10, a player can choose from one of three subclasses to specialize in - Paladin, Blade Master, or Berserker.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Gender has no effects whatsoever other than on appearance and cosmetics.
- Rare Candy: Packs of Experience Potions allow players to instantly gain a set amount of experience, which can level them up if they give enough experience for attaining the next level.
- To Be a Master: One of the primary goals of the game - to become the highest ranking warrior in the arena and fight to keep that spot.