Video Game: Daikoukai Jidai IV: Porto Estado
The fourth game in the Uncharted Waters series by Koei, Porto Estado was released in Japan in 2000 for the PlayStation and the PC, but never translated to English (hence the Japanese article title). A remake for portable consoles was released in 2006 as Daikoukai Jidai IV: Rota Nova.
The game provides examples of following tropes:
- Bishounen: The character design makes the characters look very fey. Best example would be the main character Rafael, who looks like a girl.
- Do You Want to Haggle?: Averted.
- An Entrepreneur Is You: Things have been made easier in that no matter what goods you buy in port A, it will sell higher in port B unless port B is also selling it.
- MacGuffin: The "Seven Proofs of the Conqueror" are also treasures in the conventional sense, in that the maps must be found first.
- Only Shop in Town: If a rival guild have the stranglehold over all the shares of the port (to the point that even the governor won't give you license), then it's No Shop in Town for you. Your only option is to stock up and leave.