Video Game / Audition Online
in Japan) is a multiplayer online casual rhythm game produced by T3 Entertainment, a Korean company. The game was originally distributed in North America by Nexon
, but in 2009, announced they would not be renewing their license. Since then, the game has been distributed by Red Bana
The game has multiple modes. Choreography - C - 4 Key is easily the most popular mode
, in which players must hit a certain number of arrow keys in the correct order and then press the space bar on beat.
Audition Online's North American release features music from well-known artists such as Lady Gaga
, Boys Like Girls
This game provides examples of:
- A.I. Roulette: The NPCs have a set difficulty level of sorts, but there will be times when one that is usually easy to beat will get a high Perfect combo and vice-versa.
- Alliterative Name: Several NPC characters, including (but not limited to):
- Jack Jumpoff
- Travis Trounce
- Felicia Force
- Rachel Raver
- Billy Backstep
- Sara Steppenice
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Somewhat averted, as some rooms (as well as licensing matches) require the in game currency, Beats, but otherwise, clothes are the only thing you're earning them for.
- Awesomeness Meter: The ranking for timing goes Miss, Bad, Cool, Great and Perfect. Since Perfects are had to achieve and much less common than Greats, they are worth much more points, especially if you can make a combo of them.
- Also played with in Insane mode.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Some of the lines in Story Mode look like they were run through Google Translate and then slapped into the game. Some of this has been fixed, but it's still quite noticeable.
- The Chosen One: Your character in Story Mode.
- Does Not Like Men: Perna/Nana in Story Mode. The narration even describes her as "the despiser of men."
- Do Well, but Not Perfect: Mission 4 in Episode 1 of Story Mode requires you to get exactly second place.
- Forced Tutorial: At the beginning.
- Just Like Robin Hood: The Masked Dancer/Diego in Story Mode. Your character even calls him "Diego Hood" when you first meet.
- Lethal Chef: David.
- The Mole: Jack/Scotch is revealed to be one in Episode 2.
- Purple Eyes: An option in the item shop. NPCs Bobby, Felicia Force, and Perna/Nana all have them, as well.
- Race Lift: Due to a bug, David's model and portrait don't match◊.
- Trapped in Another World: Your character in Story Mode.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Tiahna's a Grade B.