"Se non è vero, è ben trovato."
— Italian Proverb translating to 'if it's a lie, at least it's a good story'
23 year old two-time graduate of Northern Arizona University.
I am a child of 90s
. Prior to the new millennium
I was best described as mouthy
, and inquisitive
. By the time I began high school, I had outgrown many of my tomboyish behaviors
, but hadn't yet lost my sass.
In college, at the bachelor's level I majored in criminal justice
, with minors in social work
, and family studies
. I finished my master's program
in human relations
this past May and hope to continue spending my life helping those in greatest need.
Right now, though? I specialize in domestic violence
and have spent the last three years working in different capacities with victims and survivors.
You can find me here: Twitter
, and Last Fm
I embody these tropes variably:
And encompass these as well—
- All a Part of the Job
- Apologises a Lot
- Afraid of Needles & Afraid of Blood
- Artistic License - Geography
- Berserk Button - "Welfare Queen," victim-blaming, etc.
- Blind Without 'Em
- Closet Geek - For certain anime, but not enough to be an otaku.
- Big Eater / Forgets to Eat - Depending on which side of the eating disorder fence I fall that day.
- Does Not Like Cats - I'm 95% sure that I'm allergic to cats.
- Does Not Like Shoes - I only wear them when I absolutely must.
- Embarrassing Middle Name - My middle name is "Malek," which is Farsi for 'king'
- The Enneagram / Myers-Briggs - Type One "the reformer" and INTJ, respectively.
- Good Is Not Nice - I'm self-centered and sarcastic, but work in social services and am pretty effective at what I do.
- Improbable Age - In third grade, my father wanted me to skip a grade. Luckily, I talked him out of it.
- Malaproper - To say I'm horrible with idioms would be an understatement.
- Trademark Favorite Food - Vegetable biryani, vegan lasagna, quesadillas.
- Trigger - graphic depictions of violence and suicide