- Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Evil)
- Hit Dice: 12d8+60 (114 hp)
- Initiative: +3
- Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
- Armor Class: 27 (+3 Dex, +14 natural)
- Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+20
- Attack: Claw +20 melee (1d6+8)
- Full Attack: 2 claws +20 melee (1d6+8) and bite +15 melee (1d8+4)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: Roar, pounce, improved grab, rake 1d6+8, spell-like abilities
- Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good and silver, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and petrification, lay on hands, low-light vision, protective aura, resistance to cold 10 and sonic 10, speak with animals, spell resistance 28
- Saves: Fort +13 (+17 against poison), Ref +11, Will +10
- Abilities: Str 27, Dex 17, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15
- Skills: Balance +22, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +4, Hide +22, Intimidate +10, Jump +35, Knowledge (any) +17, Listen +17, Move Silently +22, Sense Motive +17, Spot +17, Survival +17
- Feats: Ability Focus (roar), Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Track
- Environment: A evil-aligned plane.
- Organization: Solitary or pride (4-9)
- Challenge Rating: 12
- Treasure: No coins; double goods; standard items
- Alignment: Always neutral evil
- Advancement: 13-18 HD (Medium); 19-36 HD (Large)
- Level Adjustment: —
- No tropes launched, lots of examples added. Tries hard to keep fanon/fangirlish bias out of examples, but is sadly only human. Freaking loves the Kingdom Hearts series, though Silent Hill is a close second. Not actually into D&D that much, the name popped into my head after the name Leonine was taken. The 'L' stands for 'Leonal', in case one hadn't surmised that. If one knows a Leonal (or a Keyblade277) on the internets, it's her. A prime example of Most Tropers Are Young Nerds, Yaoi Fangirl, Smug Snake, and False Reassurance.
- Leonals like their battles as straightforward as can be. They begin with a roar to put their foes off balance, then follow up with a frenzy of claw and bite attacks. They closely coordinate with others in their pride, watching one another’s flanks and setting up devastating attacks. A leonal’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Roar (Su)
- A leonal can roar up to three times per day. Each roar releases a blast in a 60-foot cone that duplicates the effects of an unholy word spell and deals an extra 2d6 points of sonic damage (Fortitude DC 20 negates). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Pounce (Ex)
- If a leonal charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.
- Improved Grab (Ex)
- To use this ability, a leonal must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.
- Rake (Ex)
- Attack bonus +20 melee, damage 1d6+8.
- Spell-Like Abilities
- At will—detect thoughts, fireball (DC 15), hold monster (DC 17), wall of force; 3/day—inflict critical wounds (DC 16), neutralize poison, inflict disease; 1/day—heal (DC 18). Caster level 10th. The save D Cs are Charisma-based.
- Protective Aura (Su)
- Against attacks made or effects created by good creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the leonal. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals leonal’s HD). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in a leonal’s statistics block.)
- Leonals have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks.