The book provides Trivia of:
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: At the time the first installment was released to the public, King hadn't even figured out the ending yet... but still a set release scheduled for it.
The movie provides Trivia of:
- Adored by the Network: AMC seems to love this movie a lot, airing it at every chance they get.
- Billing Displacement: Michael Clarke Duncan is billed fourth despite John Coffey being the primary focus of the story.
- The Danza: Averted, but close: Harry Dean Stanton played Toot-Toot rather than Dean Stanton or Harry Terwilliger.
- Dawson Casting: Doug Hutchison, who plays Percy, who is 21 in the novel, was 39 at the time. Also, Wild Bill was 19 in the novel, but is played by 31 year old Sam Rockwell in the movie.
- Scully Box: To make 6'5'' Michael Clarke Duncan taller. Specifically, to tower over David Morse (Brutal, 6'4'') and James Cromwell (Warden Moores); at 6'7'', Cromwell is one of the tallest actors in Hollywood, but you wouldn't know it from this movie. John Coffey is only 6'8" in the book, but in the movie, he appears to be close to eight feet tall.
- Throw It In: As Del is getting ready to be electrocuted, he recites to himself the Hail Mary prayer in Cajun French; Michael Jeter ad-libbed this.
- What Could Have Been: John Travolta was offered the role of Paul Edgecomb, but turned it down.