Trivia: The Green Mile
The book provides Trivia of:
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: At the time the first installment was released to the public, King hadn't even figured out the ending yet... but still a set release scheduled for it.
The movie provides Trivia of:
- Adored by the Network: AMC seems to love this movie a lot, airing it at every chance they get.
- The Danza: Averted, but close: Harry Dean Stanton played Toot-Toot rather than Dean Stanton or Harry Terwilliger.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Barry Pepper and David Morse as Dean Stanton and Brutus Howell.
- Mr. Noodle as Delacroix; Zaphod Beeblebrox as William Wharton.
- Eugene Victor Tooms from The X-Files as Percy!
- Percy left the insane asylum, and found his redemption on the Island by leading the Dharma Initiative.
- Harry Terwilliger and the father of the two dead girls are a D.A. and Heywood, respectively. (Heywood, aka William Sadler, is considered by Frank Darabont a 'good luck charm'.)
- How ironic— Andrei Chikatilo thinks that the testimony of the rape and murder of the two girls would "make your blood curdle".
- Man, Tritter really is Brutal!
- Sam Bell is Wild Bill?! Guess he didn't take that whole 'return vehicle' thing well...
- What about the conversation in the movie between Lieutenant Dan and Forrest Gump?
- Hey, why is Edgar K.B. Montrose on Death Row?
- Apparently Dale did make it to a prison, just not the right one.
- Zefram Cochrane is The Prison Warden and Carrie's Mother is his wife.
- Scully Box: To make 6'5'' Michael Clarke Duncan taller. Specifically, to tower over David Morse (Brutal, 6'4'') and James Cromwell (Warden Moores); at 6'7'', Cromwell is one of the tallest actors in Hollywood, but you wouldn't know it from this movie.
- Throw It In: As Del is getting ready to be electrocuted, he recites to himself the Hail Mary prayer in Cajun French; Michael Jeter ad-libbed this.