Trivia: Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
- California Doubling: The Rock & Roll History Museum is The House of the Book performance hall and library building at the American Jewish University, Brandeis-Bardin Campus in Simi Valley, California.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Jeff Portnoy escapes the tyrannical rule of his dad Eddie by being inspired by the greatest voice in heavy metal history, starts a band with... What's His Face, receives cryptic advice from Gaylord Focker, dreams of performing in front of Giselle, is nearly killed by Andy Dufresne & has a battle of the bands with The Devil... who looks a lot like That One Drummer.
- Marshal Erikssen shows up in a deleted scene, mocking Kage savagely.
- Wreck-It Ralph plays Sasquatch in JB's Mushroom Samba.
- Leslie Knope appear briefly as a waitress in that truck stop.
- Popularity Redo: The film recycles many gags from the lesser-known HBO series the film derives from.