Trivia: Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
- California Doubling: The Rock & Roll History Museum is The House of the Book performance hall and library building at the American Jewish University, Brandeis-Bardin Campus in Simi Valley, California.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Jeff Portnoy escapes the tyrannical rule of his dad Eddie by being inspired by the greatest voice in heavy metal history, starts a band with... What's His Face, receives cryptic advice from Gaylord Focker, dreams of performing in front of Giselle, is nearly killed by Andy Dufresne & has a battle of the bands with The Devil... who looks a lot like That One Drummer.
- Marshal Erikssen shows up in a deleted scene, mocking Kage savagely.
- Wreck-It Ralph plays Sasquatch in JB's Mushroom Samba.
- Leslie Knope appear briefly as a waitress in that truck stop.
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: The movie features several alumni from Mr. Show, where Black was a featured member for two seasons — Paul F. Tompkins appears as the open mic host, and John Ennis and Jay Johnston make cameos as two of the gang members who beat up Jack (the guy in the tiger mask and the guy who can't retain his fake accent, respectively).
- Popularity Redo: The film recycles many gags from the lesser-known HBO series the film derives from.