- Colbert Bump: If a website is linked in a popular thread or comment, an inadvertent DDoS can be triggered, taking down the site. This is humorously called the "Reddit hug of death".
- Development Gag: Reddit was originally going to be called "Snoo" as in "what's new?". Obviously, this didn't happen, but the little white alien mascot ended up being named Snoo.
- Old Shame: Reddit's management have tried to distance themselves from violentacrez as much as possible since the r/creepshots debacle, despite giving him a "pimp hat" award in the past.
- Word of God: IamAs featuring media creators, which usually require the celebrity confirming the IamA with a photograph greeting Reddit or some other method.
- The Wiki Rule: Trusted users can write on the Integrated wiki.