- Michelle actually filled out papers to audition for the first season of WWE Tough Enough but never sent them out. Three years later, a friend saw an advert for the Diva Search and said "there's your chance, Michelle but you won't take it". The rest is history...
- Layla and Eve Torres are the first Diva Search Winners to have wrestled each other in singles competition.
- Layla is the only Diva Search Winner to have held the WWE Women's Championship and she is also recognised as the last Diva to hold the title. Despite this, she only defended the title once on television (apart from live events). Michelle defended it in her place against Tiffany once and represented Laycool in the unification match.
- Fan Nickname: Diva Dirt dubbed them "Lay-Kav-Ool" when they were mentoring Kaval. Also for their Halloween costumes they were dubbed "Lady Gagool" and "Layonce" (see Shout-Out).
- Wrestle Crap has taken to calling Layla the "Deever," thanks to the way "Diva" sounds filtered through her accent.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Michelle used to be a school teacher and so would likely have been preventing bullying every day, very ironic when you look at her LayCool gimmick.
- Old Shame: According to Michelle, the sexy teacher gimmick she played when she redebuted in 2006. She was apparently terrified of her old co-workers seeing that in case she wanted to get her old job back.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The stipulation, as of the Smackdown taping before Extreme Rules, was supposed to be that the loser would leave Smackdown (Read: Move to Raw). But with Michelle reportedly leaving the company, it was changed that the loser would leave WWE (You could even tell that it was dubbed in).
- What Could Have Been: Alicia Fox was originally paired with Michelle McCool after the latter's initial Face–Heel Turn. She was inexplicably drafted to Raw and Layla was eventually paired with Michelle after some random tag matches. One wonders what LayCool would have been like if Alicia had been the number 2 instead.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The week after Fox had been drafted, JR made a throwaway comment in a match (Michelle and Layla were teaming together) "You never know, maybe Michelle and Layla could hit it off here".