In this game, Kirby has the following powers (the effects described here and in all subsequent sections only occur when active; none of the powers have passive abilities):
- Bomb - Color-coded black; generates a Cartoon Bomb.
- Cutter - Color-coded green; part of Kirby becomes a small Battle Boomerang. Kirby can only jump once when Cutter is deployed.
- Fire - Color-coded red; Kirby turns into a fireball and shoots forward.
- Ice - Color-coded blue; Kirby stands in place and exhales a circle of freezing air all around himself.
- Needle - Color-coded orange; Kirby stands in place and becomes spiky all over.
- Rock - Color-coded brown; Kirby turns into rock and movement becomes slow, but the rock covering can be shot off as a short-ranged projectile.
- Spark - Color-coded yellow; Kirby is surrounded by a small electrical force-field that zaps enemies.
The above can be combined as follows (and the order of powers acquired doesn't matter):
- Bomb + Bomb = Shoot guided missiles from Kirby's mouth.
- Bomb + Cutter = Throw exploding ninja stars.
- Bomb + Fire = Kirby "explodes", generating fireworks. Can be done up to three times in succession.
- Bomb + Ice = Turns into an animate snowman that explodes on contact with the enemy.
- Bomb + Needle = Turns into Gordo, floating in the air for a while, and then sends the needles flying.
- Bomb + Rock = Throws dynamite that explodes (also harming Kirby unless he hides under the hardhat that comes with this power), either on contact, or after the fuse runs out.
- Bomb + Spark = Turns into a lightbulb that burns out quickly.
- Cutter + Cutter = Bigger boomerang.
- Cutter + Fire = Draws a giant Flaming Sword that can be thrown.
- Cutter + Ice = Becomes an ice-skater capable of quadruple axles.
- Cutter + Needle = Extends the arms, now covered in teeth, which are then clapped together.
- Cutter + Rock = Carves Kirby into a statue of one of his previous animal companions, some of whom have special abilities (Pitch and Koo fly, briefly, and Rick has Wall Jump).
- Cutter + Spark = Generates a yellow double-bladed Light Saber.
- Fire + Fire = Becomes a giant phoenix that flies forward.
- Fire + Ice = Turns into an ice cube that melts rapidly, sending steam out in a circle around Kirby.
- Fire + Needle = Turns into a bow that can shoot Arrows on Fire in an arc.
- Fire + Rock = Turns into a rock-spewing volcano.
- Fire + Spark = Uses static electricity to set Kirby's head on fire, at which point he runs forward and destroys enemies on contact.
- Ice + Ice = Turns into a self-propelling Human Snowball.
- Ice + Needle = Turns into a giant snowflake that freezes enemies on contact.
- Ice + Rock = Turns into a curling stone that shoots forward and freezes enemies on contact.
- Ice + Spark = Turns into a refrigerator that crushes enemies underneath it and shoots food that hurts enemies as well as heal when eaten.
- Needle + Needle = Becomes immobile and turns into a Swiss Army knife full of sharp implements.
- Needle + Rock = Turns into a self-propelling drill; can also shoot an infinite number of drill bits forward.
- Needle + Spark = Turns into a lightning rod that gets struck with a bolt of lightning.
- Rock + Rock = Turns into a giant, slow stone golem.
- Rock + Spark = Creates a rock tethered to Kirby via electricity; the rock bounces around, killing enemies, until destroyed.
- Spark + Spark = Creates a bigger forcefield than regular Spark; it slowly shrinks down to nothing unless re-generated.
And Kirby has one more super special Eleventh Hour Superpower if he can collect all of the titular Crystal Shards
- Ribbon + Crystal - Unlimited flight and ammunition.