Trivia: Happy Endings
- Actor Allusion/Celebrity Paradox
Penny: What if you were, like, stuck in a trap in the woods and, like, a cougar was trying to eat you? Would you date then?
Alex: That's insane, why would that even happen?
Penny: I have no idea, forget that, cause maybe your dad is the head of some elite counter-terrorist unit and he has 24 hours to - I don't know! The point is, would you date?"
- In the same vein, when discussing what to do when it comes to tracking a missing person (in "The Ex Factor"), Alex suggests that they "Call CTU."
- Jane once said that she made a "vision-board" in order for the universe to get her what she wants, including Brad. Brad then said that it wasn't really him on her vision-board, but instead it was one of the guys from In Living Color!. One of the creators/cast members of In Living Color is Damon Wayans (as well as his brothers), real-life father of Damon Wayans Jr., who plays Brad.
- Alex is a huge fan of Love Actually - in which Elisha Cuthbert had a supporting role.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Grant also goes by the name of Adam in another series that's set in Chicago.
- Dave was cancer-stricken and suicidal until he had a flash forward of his Japanese girlfriend.
- Jane was a doctor who liked dudes. Not into the whole crying thing.
- Brad lived in Southern California as a fitness instructor, until shortly after the New Girl moved in.
- Minor recurring character Scotty apparently doubles as a pathetic doormat of a guy named Danny in Southern California.
- The first husband in a long line of couples who wanted to have sex with Brad and Jane was Mr. K.
- Screwed by the Network: Season 3 starting a good month and a half after all the other fall season shows? Check. Is opposite a similar, but somewhat more popular sitcom? Check. There's a rerun every other week? Check.
- As of 2013 its schedule has been switched again, this time airing in the Friday night slot where television shows go to die.
- Yeah, let's air the show a day or two earlier in Canada! Canada doesn't have the Internet or the know-how to post the episodes online before the US airdates, right? Ah, I'm sure it won't affect ratings anyway.
- As of May 2013, the show has been officially cancelled, and the creators were unable to get the show picked up by another channel.