Trivia for the film:
- Actor Allusion: It's not the first time Michael Massee (Armando) plays an henchman responsible for the main protgonist's Death who eventually comes back for vengeance.
- All-Star Cast: Not that it helps in this particular movies case any...
- Genre-Killer: Along with Elektra, its failure put Hollywood off films about female superheroes, or female action heroes in general, for a long time. In fact, nearly a decade later, despite comic-book movies being on a massive popularity surge and fans chomping at the bit for a female superhero movie, the studios are still playing it very cagey. DC will have Wonder Woman appear in two other movies before possibly getting her own. Marvel has no plans for a Black Widow solo movie despite her multiple Cinematic Universe appearances and popularity with fans, and will not produce a female-led film until 2018, when the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel will make her film debut.
- Old Shame: For Miss Berry in years to come:
"First of all, I want to thank Warner Bros. . Thank you for putting me in a piece of shit, God-awful movie[...] It was just what my career needed."
- The context for that quote: She said it at the Razzies as she accepted her award for "Worst Actress". The entire time, she was holding her Oscar for Monster's Ball in the other hand. Publicly reminding people that she is usually a good actress; the movie was just THAT bad. Razzies founder John Wilson even remarked that after seeing this, he expects Berry to run for the Oscar again.
- Recycled Script: As often noted on the web, bears a striking resemblance to The Crow. In fact, the movie's first trailer was alleged to have the same narration script as The Crow's own trailer - only changing the respective animal.
- The romantic basketball game between Patience and the detective was lifted verbatim from Daredevil.
- Star-Derailing Role: For Halle Berry, and it was also the beginning of the end for Sharon Stone's time in the upper tiers of stars.
- Stillborn Franchise: Halle Berry signed for a sequel but after all the bad reviews...
- What Could Have Been:
- Ashley Judd was originally considered to play Patience, and the character's surname was originally Price.
- An early draft of the script had Patience becoming Catwoman to avenge her mother's death.
- Originally, "Outrageous" from Britney Spears was supposed to be the single from the movie. However, Britney injured her knee while filming the video. With no video to promote the single, they instead used "Scandalous."
Trivia for the comics
- Creative Differences: Ed Brubaker reportedly left his critically-acclaimed early-2000s run writing Catwoman's solo title in protest at the replacement of early artists like Cameron Stewart and Rick Burchett with the much more Fanservice-heavy work of Paul Gulacy. An interview in which Gulacy described Selina as "slutty" and the idea of her not being primarily a fanservice character as "absurd" may have been a final straw.