Trivia: Bon Jovi
- Black Sheep Hit: "Who Says You Can't Go Home" somehow crossed over to Country Music radio (helped in part by duet vocals from Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland), making Bon Jovi the first rock act to have a #1 country hit.
- Creator Backlash: The band hated how 7800° Fahrenheit turned out. Songs from the album have only been played a handful of times live since its release.
- Old Shame: Jon's first professional credit was as a singer on the track "R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the Star Wars Christmas album, Christmas in the Stars.
Jon Bon Jovi: "I hate videos. If you wanted to torture me you'd tie me down and force me to watch our first five videos. Five times you're chump before you learn what you're doing. The first time we'd just made a record and we were all excited and some a—hole decides we're going to make a video for 'Runaway.' So instead of making it about what the song's about, he decides to put a concept to it with his little niece in it. It's the worst piece of s—t I ever saw in my life. There's a girl with like fire coming out of her eyes. They dressed the band. Richie's wearing a jumpsuit and shoes that are three sizes too big. They kept squirting us down with this greasy solution to make it look like we were sweating. We all look like assholes."
- He's also embarrassed by the video for "Runaway."
- What Could Have Been: The country version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" was originally planned as a duet with Keith Urban, who as also to play banjo on it. However, Jon Bon Jovi thought that Urban's voice was too close to his own.
- New Jersey was originally envisioned as a double album called Sons of Beaches. The demos for that album were released as the second disc for the New Jersey Deluxe and Super Deluxe editions in 2014.
- Sex Sells began as Jon's solo album slated for release in 1999, but many of the songs were re-recorded with the band. The working title would later be changed into One Wild Night (which would be later used on their live album in 2001). Three of the tracks made in onto Crush which would be released a year later. The posters advertising Sex Sells can be seen throughout the music video of Real Life.