Theatre: Twilight: Los Angeles
Twilight: Los Angeles is a docudrama about the 1992 riots in Los Angeles. Author and performer Anna Deveare Smith interviewed 35 people about their experiences during the riots and recorded their observations. She then performed the interviews playing all of the roles.
- Audience Monologue: All of the interviews are monologues.
- Crosscast Role
- Justice by Other Legal Means: According to one of the jurors involved, following the acquittal of the police officers involved in the Rodney King beating by an all-white jury, the presiding judge was so horrified he doxed every last juror. This was significant because normally, the names of the jurors in a trial are not released for a specified period of time.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Loads and Loads of Roles
- Powder Keg Crowd
- Race Lift: Although people of many different races were interviewed, there was only one performer.
- Ripped from the Headlines
- You ALL Share My Story: This is the connecting point of the piece because it is about the experiences each person had during the riots.