- "Galactic Guardians No More", when the guardians officially break up (before reuniting later in the end of this episode), Betty separating from Sparky and X-5.
- Paloma's life source being drained.
- The scene where Maximus recalls how he was treated by the Felinians back when he was a baby. We see the baby kitten being shunned by many of them, trying to make friends and crying.
- Maximus' implied abuse from his father.
- Penelope mourning the death of her pet cat.
- Another one that counts is Paloma leaving Earth near the end of the first Mission: Earth episode. Seeing her go made you really feel that you want her to come back, but she couldn't (save for a cameo appearance).
- The song, "Hold On" from the album.
- These scenes in "The No-L 9":
- Beatrixo's story about how her husband Jimmy went missing.
- Betty realizing the man she's run into on the No-L 9 is her long-lost grandfather.
- Beatrixo reuniting with Jimmy after 30 years.
- Mrs. Barrett reuniting with her father.
- The ending song that goes along with this special.
Tear Jerker / Atomic Betty
There are times when Atomic Betty had its moments of sadness.