- "Gotta Be Somebody".
"'Cause nobody wants to be the last one there
'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
There's gotta be somebody for me like that...
"'Cause nobody wants to go it on their own
And everyone wants to know they're not alone
There's somebody else that feels the same somewhere
There's gotta be somebody for me out there..."
- Also, "Far Away". Anybody who's been separated from their love by distance can relate.
- "Savin' Me". The music video makes the already gut-wrenching song even worse.
- "Someday". The lyrics lead you to believe that the couple is just having mundane relationship problems, but....
- Also, "Never Gonna Be Alone". Just...watch the video.
- The 9/11 remix of "Hero", which uses the "quotes played over the music" technique.
- "Lullaby", Especially the Music Video, by the way, the song is really about suicide, not a man coping with his wife's death .
- "Just to Get High". It talks about watching someone's downward spiral into drug addiction, and it becomes especially tearjerking if you know someone's who's gone, or is going, down that sort of path.
- "Photograph", which is about reminiscing of one's childhood and lamenting at how all that remains of it are memories and photos.
- "I Miss You".
"All the things I left unsaid
I meant to say before you left
I thought I had the time to wait
Now it's too late to tell you..."
Tear Jerker / Nickelback
That's right. Even this rock band has a few emotional songs.