Tear Jerker: Nickelback
That's right. Even this rock band has a few emotional songs.
- "Gotta Be Somebody".
"'Cause nobody wants to be the last one there
'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
There's gotta be somebody for me like that...
"'Cause nobody wants to go it on their own
And everyone wants to know they're not alone
There's somebody else that feels the same somewhere
There's gotta be somebody for me out there..."
- Also, "Far Away". Anybody who's been separated from their love by distance can relate.
- "Savin' Me". The music video makes the already gut-wrenching song even worse.
- "Someday". The lyrics lead you to believe that the couple is just having mundane relationship problems, but....
- Also, "Never Gonna Be Alone". Just...watch the video.
- The 9/11 remix of "Hero", which uses the "quotes played over the music" technique.
- "Lullaby", Especially the Music Video, by the way, the song is really about suicide, not a man coping with his wife's death .
- Which sounds suspiciously similar to a certain anime series where the protagonist loses his wife through childbirth and has to raise his kid by himself (not without abandoning said kid for 5 freaking years no less!).
- Photograph beyond all doubt. Just, listen to it and show me a dry eye. $10 says you can't
- "Just to Get High". It talks about watching someone's downward spiral into drug addiction, and it becomes especially tearjerking if you know someone's who's gone, or is going, down that sort of path.