- Episode 18
Yoite: Save me...I don't want to die...I want to disappear...Please erase...My existence...and every thing that I've lived...Because I never existed from the beginning...
- The final scene of the anime.
- Chapter 50, combined with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. Even the author cried while drawing that chapter.
- The immediate aftermath of Chapter 50. The pain Yukimi is obviously going through can be rather wrenching to read - the same goes for Miharu's reaction, especially his Not So Stoic breakdown. "I didn't want to erase that person's existence... because I wanted us to live together... so why did I choose this..." "If that person's memories or remembrance were left, I would surely... not be able to live..." And then he claws at his throat. And bursts into tears.
- Chapter 61 is both this and a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The final chapter of the manga. The color pages in the middle of the chapter with Miharu finally reuniting with Yoite are just plain heartwrenching.
- This troper hasn't even seen the chapter in question but teared up just now by reading that spoiler. That's effectiveness.
- Raimei's reaction when Kouichi dies. And on that note, Shijima's last words to Miharu:
Shijima: Take care of granny.
- The second ending of the anime, which features Miharu and Yoite doing cute things like sleeping on each other's shoulders at a train station and holding hands in a grassy field, all set to a mellow, nostalgic-sounding tune. On its own it's very sweet, but in the context of the show it becomes heartbreaking.