Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate is a Wuxia tabletop role-playing game by Bedrock Games, released as a Pay-What-You-Want PDF in 2016. It is a spinoff of a previous game, Sertorius, set in a fantasy world strongly resembling Imperial China (specifically, the Southern Song Dynasty) called Qi Xien. It is particularly notable for having a very long list (over 180 separate entries) of Kung Fu Techniques that has been released into the public domain.
This tabletop RPG provides examples of:
- Battle Couple: Bao and Sunan (pictured on the cover), lovers from ancient history and the creators of Kung Fu.
- Big Bad: Emperor Zhan, the Glorious Emperor, can be seen as this.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Often the case with the Yao, martial heroes who've had their hearts ripped out and replaced with a stone.
- Cycle of Revenge: Quite literally a game mechanic in the "Grudge" subsystem.
- The Empire: The Zhan Dao Empire. Somewhat of a subversion in that throughout its long history it had many less militaristic rulers.
- Evil Chancellor: A textbook double-subversion in Cai Yuanyu, the Emperor's "right-hand man."
- Evil Overlord: Two examples. The first is Yao-Feng, an ancient sorcerer and once-ruler of Yao Gong Palace (also known as Ogre Gate). The other is the Glorious Emperor, who promotes worship of Yao-Feng as "the Bold King" throughout the Zhan Dao Empire.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Yao-Feng, the Demon Emperor.
- The Kingdom: Hai'an, formerly controlled by the Zhan Dao Empire.
- Arguably subverted by Li Fan, which is arguably more hellish due to being overrun with supernatural monsters.
- Master Swordsman: Many, many, many characters — including players, if they so choose.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: A primary focus of the game, though some Techniques are more subtle than others. They are distributed into four categories: Waijia, Neigong, Qinggong, and Dianxue.