Gensokyo 20XXI and 20XXII
- The flashback scenes and where the characters are responding to absences voices almost near reminiscent to the ending of The Triplets of Belleville
- That isn't the only reference to the aforementioned movie, Kaguya wears a large shoe, similar to Madame Souza
- Yuuka speaking in British accent, sound familiar?
- An obvious one would be the shout out to Tosca
- Towards the end, we have Yukari emptying s gun in a wall of mirrors, much like Baby-Doll did in that BTAS Episode.
- A subtle one is from when the When the Wind Blows where Yuuka is panicking about a deathly white hand, much like how Hilda was panicking about a rat.
- To When the Wind Blows and the film gets a passing reference in Chapter 6, when Yukari suggests on building an inner core or refuge. Similarly, Ran, like Hilda, did point out that there really isn't enough room for more than two.
- Another one would be Sakuya holding out for emergency services.
- Another one would be a shoutout to This Is the End where Seija eats half of their rationed food and used some of their rationed water to bathe.
Yuyuko: The little fucker's gained weight.
- Also what Yuyuko says about her in her narration
- Also, again to The Triplets of Belleville, when Ran responds to an absent Yukari's voice, like Champion responded to an absent Madame Souza's voice.
- When the Wind Blows, Sakuya's death and behavior are just like the Bloggses
- A subtle one would be Butters' Very Own Episode from South Park
- Yukari tells Tenshi "To the moon!"
- Tenshi's nickname being Tenten, now where else have we heard that name?
- Tenshi is told "Shut up, Meg!"
- Ran's baby is named Anohana
- "These memories [....] I give to you."
- Ren likes Edgar Allan Poe and can be heard quoting his poems.
- Mokou ending a sentence briefly with, "mmkay"
- For the Final Chapter, we have Reimu's narration ending with "If it's meant to be, I hope we meet again."
- Chen and Sakuya's argument about the former eating the latter's sardines despite not the latter not liking them is vaguely similar to Chris and Peter's argument about the latter eating the former's Dannon yogurts despite not the latter not liking them
- Also, what Yukari says to Reimu, "That's no good, Reimu, you have to mind what Ran says."
- "It's the way things are."
- Chapter fourteen features a Shout-Out to the Cage the Elephant song No Rest for the Wicked
- From Suika's narration in chapter 29, "Huzi went back to punting the crap out of people like that angry homeless guy from those short film on that thingy." 
- "Stop your bitchin', Baka, Ran would have taken it like a man!"
- Frog soup for dinner
- "Well guys, we're boned, da-ze!"
- The remaining half of Chapter 60, where they discover Satori had passed away in her sleep is s subtle shoutout to What's Eating Gilbert Grape
- I was afraid Mom-mom would look me right in the eye and say, "Mom-mom hates you."
- From chapter 75, we get another shoutout to Family Guy when it was noted that if they push came to shove, they'd leave Yume Ni.
- Chapter 78 has a shoutout to Lord of the Flies.
- From chapter 93: Much less say "ass" to Mommy and Daddy."
- [...] like I seen that girl do with an elephant
- Chapter 109 features a shoutout to Dante's Inferno, which ties in well, if you consider that chapter features a widowed Ran thinking about the happier times with her passed on husband Ren and how much it makes dealing with grief worse
- The Final Chapter is a shoutout to The Triplets of Belleville
- Some of Ran and Yukari's diary entries are shoutouts to the live action adaption of Animal Farm and the character Jessie (who's narrating parts of the movie), which was playing the background, as Amoridere was writing.
- Yuuka's is even more of shoutout, in that she would sound almost identical.