Series: Winners And Losers
Winners and Losers is an Australian drama series on the Seven Network. The series revolves around the lives of four women: Jenny Gross (Melissa Bergland), Bec Gilbert (Zoe Tuckwell-Smith), Frances James (Virginia Gay) and Sophie Wong (Melanie Vallejo). The girls were "the losers" in high school. Ten years later, they realise they are really winners once they are reunited at their school reunion and afterwards, win the Oz Lotto.
Tropes associated with Winners and Losers:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Winning the lottery, which did and didn't turn out so well..
- Bury Your Gays: Averted. Openly discussed.
- Heel-Face Turn/Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Tiffany Turner.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Apparently, John Munch is set to make an appearance in the 2013 series, according to a showbiz gossip blog. This takes the trope into a trope-on-its-own territory.
- Ms. Fanservice: Michala Banas as Tiffany Turner.
- No Bisexuals: Averted, big time.
- Phrase Catcher: "Shut up Patrick."
- Product Placement: Well, more like business placements...
- Very Special Episode: Well, maybe a very special show given the amount of themes it covers, it seems almost contractually obligated.
- Younger Than They Look: Well, Piagrace Moon is actually 20, but she's had makeup to look 17!