The New Show is the second series of American comedy-drama The Show, which went off the air in early 2013. The New Show has been focusing more on the school lives of the main characters, as well as an expanding roster of supporting characters. The tropes in The New Show are listed below.
- Ambiguous Disorder: The main cast still make references to the fact that their life is a TV show, but much less than the previous series.
- Above Good and Evil: Melanie is still referenced as believing this about herself.
- Addiction Displacement: Whenever withheld from texting Katie, Jon will usually work out or play music.
- Afraid of Blood: It hasn't become a plot point yet, but Connor's fear of his own blood is still there.
- Age-Appropriate Angst: In a show about seventeen-year olds, this was bound to happen.
- All Take and No Give: Some fans see this as the reason Connor and Sarah broke up.
- All of the Other Reindeer: While it's always been a part of Connor's character in previous series, it has come up more in the New Show's first season.
- Allergic to Routine: Jon is slowly becoming this, as opposed to the comfort Camo and Connor find in routine.