The Bill Cosby Show (no, not that one) is a live action comedy series that aired on NBC from 1969 to 1971. It follows Cosby's adventures as Chet Kincaid, a High School gym teacher in Los Angeles.
- Christmas Episode: "A Christmas Ballad"
- Cold Open: Each episode has a two- or three-minute opening scene before the main credits.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune/Instrumental Theme Tune: "Hikky-Burr", which had Cosby making various indecipherable vocalizations over a funky instrumental backing by Quincy Jones.
- Elevator Failure: "The Elevator Doesn't Stop Here Anymore"
- The Eponymous Show
- Laugh Track: Averted, at Cosby's insistence. In an interview on the Season 1 DVD set, he discusses having to fight Executive Meddling over this.
- Missing the Good Stuff: "The Sesame Street Rumble" involves Chet's attempts to fix his TV set after it goes on the blink just as he and a houseful of guests are preparing to watch a big football game.
- Physical Fitness Punishment: As a P.E. teacher, Chet would often inflict this on his students.
- Sit Comic
- Word Salad Lyrics: The theme song.