Series: Future Food
Future Food is a series on PlanetGreen starring the molecular gastronomists from the restaurant MOTO in Chicago. In each episode, chefs Omar Cantu and Ben Roche experiment with alternative food sources and methods of preparation. Here is a description of the brat episode:
When a cooking experiment using a paint gun filled with capsicum oil and a flamethrower to cook brats produces a mess of inedible burnt brats, Omar, Ben and the kitchen staff decide to turn foods normally thought inedible, into edible tasty menu ideas...There is a competition to see who develops the better recipe, and the winning concoction is served in the restaurant that evening.Moto Web siteShow Web site on PlanetGreen
- Artificial Meat: In one episode, Omar and Ben experiment with making meat out of the food that we usually feed to animals.
- Cooking Duel: Every episode.
- Extreme Omnivore: Potato peels, peanut shells or dead foliage, anyone?
- MacGyvering: Capsicum oil and a flamethrower.
- Mad Scientist: Omar Cantu is completely committed to solving the problem of world hunger. The episode on Miracle Fruit gives an idea of how his mind works.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: The lab kitchen in the page image. They have all kinds of fancy equipment.
- Supreme Chef: Depending, of course, on how you feel about molecular gastronomy.