Roleplay: Roll to Dodge
Roll to Dodge is a free-form role-playing game (usually played over forum or IRC) designed to have simple enough rules that anyone can jump in and start playing immediately. The rules are simple; each player submits an action, and the GM rolls a six-sided die to determine the result of each player's efforts. There are six levels of success, depending on the number rolled:-Epic Fail. The action was not performed, and backfired horribly.-Fail. Nothing happened.-Partial Success. The exact degree of success is established by the GM.-Success. The action was carried out adequately.-Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.-Overshot. Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort.Various forums across the internet dedicated to hosting games of RTD have popped up, but the most active is still the RTD board on the Bay12 Forums. Of course, we have our own game running right here on the TV Tropes Forum!List of Roll to Dodge games with trope pages:
- The Art Of Minimalism: A series of minimalistic Roll to Dodge games run by GreatWyrmGold on Bay12.
- Einsteinian Roulette: A Bay12 Forum game that centers around the short lives and violent deaths of a group of inmates.
- Looters Delight: A Bay12 game in which several players brutally murder each other in order to gain loot. Now with a story!
- Roll To Dodge Princess Celestia: Just what it says on the tin. The players, from Bay12, crusade against My Little Ponies.
- Roll To Dodge: Savral: A sub-session within the TVTropes Roll to Dodge thread, where players try to survive in a fantasy RPG world. Includes demonic unicorns.
- Roll To Roll To Dodge: A meta-adventure, run on Bay12.
- TV Tropes Roll To Dodge: A series created by the tropers, for the tropers. Eventually spawned Savral.
- You At Final Boss: Originally a minimalist Roll to Dodge run on Bay12, with the goal of defeating the Final Boss. It...got off-track.