We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
A D&D roleplay that kinda stops pretending it's set in the D&D universe halfway through and starts becoming some weird mishmash of Heroic Fantasy
and a whole lot of miscellaneous tropes. You can find the exploits of the party as they venture forth here.
Death Crusades provides examples of:
open/close all folders
David Mc Carthy / Dredge
Rosemary Mc Carthy
- Chivalrous Pervert: He has lewd drawings of Millet. Of course, when a drunk fool tried something during Millet's act, he was ready to run him through.
- Spoony Bard: It's his class, and he's also a Chivalrous pervert. Someone that is completely true to the name, perhaps?
- Combat Medic: He's a healing swordsman.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Once he stopped insulting undead he kicked ass and took names.
- Lame Pun Reaction: The pun was so bad that he forced a zombie to kill himself for hearing it.
- Berserk Button: For some reason, he's fine when any other girl is insulted. However, when someone insults Millet, he gets serious...
- Breaking Speech: He gives on to the Valkyrie who dared insult Millet.
- Compelling Voice: Used it to buff up his allies.
- Groin Attack: Happens fairly often, and David wishes that it didn't happen the first time.
- Never Live It Down: He can't take back what he said, drunk or no. Averted when he was forgiven.
- Takingthe Bullet: He got in the way of a Death Knight to save Millet.
- Whos Laughing NOW: He was kind of a Butt Monkey among the group, although respected. As Dredge, he almost killed Dag.
- Came Back Wrong: He's an undead that only wants to see Lucanar's final breath of agony.
- Came Back Strong: Naturally becoming undead has made him much more powerful.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: He acquired several of Lucanar's undead slaves with which to exact revenge on him.
- Revenge Before Reason: Dredge will see Lucanar dead, no matter the cost.
- Start of Darkness: Dredge seems to be going into this territory.
- Byronic Hero: Dredge is this; David not so much.
- Taking You with Me: Dredge very nearly did this to Dag.
Dagnyryan Viscarian, Paladin of Nathan
- Actual Pacifist: She gets sick at the sight of violence.
- The Empath: She can manipulate minds and emotions.
- The Chick: Pacifist that hates violence, the only physical attack she has knocks her enemies out.
- Love Triangle: She seems to be developing a crush on Rissien...
- Look Behind You: She uses Jedi mind tricks combined with this to fuck with people.
- Break the Cutie: She can't take the killing anymore!
- Yandere: She may seem stable, but she's definitely not right in the head.
- Stupid Sacrifice: Tried to hold of three undead heroes and a cultist when he really didn't need to.
- Stone Wall: He held off three undead heroes and a Cultist when he really didn't need to.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: He got by just about everything thrown at him to beat Illivar to a pulp.
- Cutting the Knot: Stopped a swinging log by using his sword instead of letting the Rogue handle it.
- Berserk Button: Never insult his family or loyalty. Or his sexuality, for that matter.
- An Axe to Grind: He waded through a group of enemies just to get it back.
- Manly Gay: Obligatory comment on toughness, manliness, and homosexuality.
- Critical Failure: How he lost his axe.
- Pimp Duds: Partially why his title is now Gnoll Baron (stop starin').
- Badass Grandpa: He's damn old as far as Gnolls go. Just see the Stone Wall entry for the Badass portion of this trope.
- Made of Iron Damn. First he Stone Walls against the undead heroes and now he's survives through getting crushed between the ceiling and steel, which squished a paladin at the same time!
- Colossus Climb: Dag did this to get in the face of a giant practically naked woman and punch her in the snout to establish superiority.
- Improvised Weapon: *insert Indiana Jones theme here*
- The Paladin: Of course.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Dag does like the sparkle of polished armor.
- Hangover Sensitivity: Only natural when you pass out drunk.
- I Am Not My Father: What father? DAGNRYAN HAS NO FATHER.
- Archnemesis Dad: Raid.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Arthiel was one of the elves brainwashed by Illivar.
- Bounty Hunter: Before she met the group she chased down and turned criminals in. Too bad it resulted in her brainwashing.
- Lightning Bruiser: First round she's shooting you from thirty yards away, next round she's lobbing of your head. It's useless.
- Evil Laugh: When Illivar was finally pinned she did this.
- You Can Run But You Can't Hide: Arthiel would chase Illivar to the ends of the earth to get her revenge.
- Berserk Button: Illivar. Period.
- Improvised Weapon: Arthiel used Illivar's Peregrine Falcon's beak, as well as the rest of the animal, to inflict some of the more unsavory tortures upon him.
- Blown Across the Room: Arthiel can do this with her arrows.
- Badass: Arthiel doesn't miss. EVER.
- Eye Scream: Arthiel seems to rather like the phrase "An eye for an eye."
- Eyepatch of Power: Gotta get something to cover the hole where the eye she ate was.
- Suddenly Sober: Happened when she recounted a bit of her past while drunk.
- Ignored Confession: Talking a bit about her past is what led her to becoming suddenly sober.
- Bi the Way: As her revelation of the past while drunk shows.
- Lady of War
- Genre Savvy: Arthiel's been the only one to see through Lucanar's plans for the most part, causing him to slip up before.
Mira BelferesVharaArmokDuke Desertstings Sandstone of House Sandstone
- An Ice Person: Self explanatory.
- Action Girl: She's a woman performer that froze a guys dick off, and froze several zombies not long after.
- Squishy Wizard: She's a wizard.
- Knife-Throwing Act: One of her tricks was throwing an illusory knife towards a wall, make it disappear and return it to her hand.
- Berserk Button: Calling her flat or insulting the now deceased David will end very badly for the speaker.
- Unstoppable Rage: An elven Archer hit Millet twice with arrows. Millet responded by beating her within an inch of her life with her bare hands.
- Ice Queen: She both uses ice and tends to be pretty callus to her fellow workers.
- Tsundere: How she is towards David.
- Boom Stick: I've got the magic stick...*smack* Ow! Fine, fine, I'll stop.
- Heroic BSOD: She became really unresponsive right after David's sacrifice, but was temporarily snapped out of it when the Priest badmouthed David.
- Badass Boast: After the Priest badmouths the recently deceased David, she goes into a tirade, asking them if "you feel the chill of death creeping into your bodies?"
- Tranquil Fury: Oh, by the way, her entire tirade is spoken in a monotone voice, and barely even flinches when she gets slammed into the ceiling by the same attack that squished a paladin.
- Heroic BSOD: David died to save her and well... She's been kind of off for a while.
- Heroic Safe Mode: Millet's been in this state ever since the fight with the priest.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Mira's the fighter, Millet's the mage.
- Unable to Cry: She's like this for some time until she goes into a tirade of all the horrible things that have happened to them since they first arrived at the half-elf village where the place started.
- Hoist by Her Own Petard: Ludical's Invert Resistance sure did turn her Mass Resistance around on her.
- Dynamic Entry: And what an entry, bludgeoning a dragon!
- Big Damn Heroes: he shows up to deliver the beat down on Xanfire right after he becomes a dragon.
- The Alcoholic: It's a perfectly natural thing for dwarves.
- Double Knockout: Mira and the Duke were the last two still drinking, and both passed out at the same time.
Illivar and The "Resistance"Priest Lucius, High Judicar Halvard and The Church of Erathis
- Religion of Evil: Intolerant of other gods, and kept throwing adventurers at a group resisting the church.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: Guards are twice our level and can OHKO us.
- Jerkass: Fucking Priest pisses everyone off and ruins everything.
- Blackmail: He stresses that it isn't blackmail to say that we won't go to jail if we kill the anarchists!
- Extra Ore Dinary: The Priest uses earth and metal based attacks.
- Dishing Out Dirt: See Extra Ore Dinary.
- Never Speak Ill of the Dead: The priest started talking badly about David, and royally pisses of everyone that knew him...
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Which pulls Millet out of a Heroic BSOD to go on a rampage against him and his followers.
- Heel-Face Turn: Halvard calls Lucius a giant prick and renounces him. Shortly thereafter a great amount of cheering was had.
Alice Alberta It was Alice after all!
Sepian The Pirate King And PiratesLucanar(?) The Fire Mage, Vincent The Death Knight, And The Death Crusade CultXanfire the Dragonborn worshiper of Tiamat
- Expy: She seems eerily like a certain Touhou character...
- People Puppets: I've no strings to hold me down...
Sidheach, The Slothful WerewolfWarlord Raid Viscarian & Minions
- Dirty Coward: This guy is such a pansy that the moment the group confronted him he called on Tiamat to save his sorry ass.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: This guy managed to bluff well enough to convince the city he was in that he was a great hero, and Arthiel an evil villain.
- One-Winged Angel: He only became threatening after he did this.
- Scaled Up: Apparently Tiamat liked the coward enough to turn him into a dragon when he cried for help.
The Travelling Merchant
Atmos, Paladin of ErathisRodbert & AnarchistsLoki And Company Plus DrunksNathan The God Of SexinessJuliusThe 7 Dwarves Of The Port TownCaptain Motherfucking Murasa And CrewVice, Dredge's Second in CommandKyoto, The Cutest Soul Eating Doll You'll Ever SeeBintira
- Noodle Incident: You don't talk about the town that the group met him, lest you want to get turned into an icicle.