Recap: Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series S 2 E 14 The Man Who Would Be Steve
- Big Damn Heroes: Yugi is saved from drowing by Joey, who in turn has to be saved from drowning by Serenity.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Joey and Tea.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Kaiba's reaction to spotting Joey from his helicopter is to try to convince everyone that they should land on him.
- Cuteness Proximity: Yugi plans to snap Joey out of his trance using only his uncanny ability to look like a baby panda.
- Flashback Cut: To the day Yugi and Joey first became friends.
- Het Is Ew: Marik based his decision to force Yugi into dueling Joey on Slash Fic. He is disgusted when Odion argues that Tea is who Yugi loves, not Joey.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Kaiba throws a trading card with such ridiculous accuracy that the screen is temporarily covered with a Camera Lock-On animation to lampshade it. This becomes Hilarious in Hindsight if you also watch the "Kaiba's Real Father" shorts, which reveal that Kaiba is actually a robot.
- Never Say "Die": Averted. Yugi almost goes through with a Heroic Sacrifice because he assumes this trope is in play, but changes his mind completely when Joey points out that their duel is supposed to be fatal.
- Shout-Out: "Say 'what' again! Say 'what' again!"
- Joey belts out an impressive Tarzan yell while swinging in on a rope to save Yugi.
- Sudden Musical Ending
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: "This gives me effeminate fury!"
- The Power of Friendship: This episode alone mentions it so many times that it has a counter to tally every instance of it (twenty times in under nine minutes, in case you were wondering).
- You Won't Like Me When I'm Sexy