Recap: Xena S 03 E 04 The Deliverer
While Xena and her former enemy Boadicea join forces to battle Caesar, Gabrielle's life is threatened by worshippers of the evil spirit Dahak.
- Ankle Drag: How Dahak gets Gabrielle to the altar.
- Bait and Switch: All the exposition surrounding the One God religion is to lead the viewer to suspect that it's Christianity. It's really not.
- Big Entrance: Boadicea storms in on her chariot.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Khrafstar and Meridian
- Better The Devil You Know: Ares makes this argument when encouraging Xena to destroy Dahak's temple.
- Breast Plate: Boadicea
- The Cameo: Discord pops up for a pre-credits scene with Ares.
- Continuity Nod: Ares and Xena mention their last run-in with the Furies.
- Defiled Forever: Gabrielle considers herself this after she's killed for the first time.
- Divide and Conquer: Naturally, in an episode involving Caesar.
- The Dragon: The Deliverer
- Fiery Redhead: Boadicea
- Halfway Plot Switch
- Horrifying the Horror: Done well here. In all of Ares's appearances he seems perturbed about something and strangely insistant that Xena destroy a particular temple in Brittania.
- Left Hanging: Right before the climactic battle with Caesar, Xena notices the strange storm over the temple and rushes to help Gabrielle. There is no resolution whatsoever to the Boadicea/Caesar conflict, and in the following episode neither character is even mentioned.
- Man in a Kilt: Khrafstar
- Ominous Latin Chanting
- Rewatch Bonus: All of Khrafstar's interactions with Gabrielle suddenly become chilling the second time around. It's possible that the only reason he ever yelled "we will never give into Caesar!" was to get Xena's attention in the first place.
- Wham Episode: The seeds for the Rift arc are planted, while Dahak and his cult are introduced.