The quest for the Omega Lock takes the Autobots and the Decepticons to Cybertron for a battle.
Tropes found in this episode include:
- Chekhov's Armoury: The Iacon relics collected by the Autobots over the course of the series (including the supposedly forgotten Polarity Gauntlet and Immobilizer) - the team equip themselves and prepare for battle.
- I Have Your Human Companions: The Decepticons capture Jack, Miko and Raf, bringing them to Cybertron. Megatron demands Optimus surrender the Omega Keys or they will die.
- I Owe You My Life: Starscream professes his eternal gratitude to Megatron for saving him from Dreadwing. Then Megatron warns him not to make him regret his decision.
- Killed Off for Real: Dreadwing gets offed in this episode for defying Megatron's orders to step down from nearly killing Starscream.
- Last-Second Chance: Dreadwing is disillusioned with the Decepticon cause after discovering just how little honor really matters to Megatron. He then aids the Autobots by giving them the Forge of Solus Prime. Optimus once again asks Dreadwing to join the Autobots. Dreadwing refuses, since betraying the Decepticons doesn't mean he is ready to join the Autobots.
- Magic from Technology: Lampshaded by Ratchet, who is amazed that the Forge of Solus Prime can be used to turn the Autobots' ground-bridge into a space-bridge.
- Mythology Gag: "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost".
- Put Down Your Gun and Step Away: The Autobots come within seconds of activating the Omega Lock when Megatron tells them to disarm and hand over the Omega keys or the humans get it.
- Reforged Blade: The Star Saber, courtesy of the Forge of Solus Prime, returned to the Autobots by Dreadwing.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Despite Optimus outright stating the Autobots need to make use of every available resource, Wheeljack isn't called up and no one even suggests doing so. Wheeljack shows up of his own accord in the next episode, and it's made pretty apparent he wasn't called due to the events of "Hurt."