West and Gordon receive a request for help from a farmer in Grey Ridge, New Mexico, but when they arrive at his farm they find him dead and themselves under attack by a large, armored vehicle. Upon further investigation they find that someone has been trying to drive the local farmers off their land. The culprit appears to be Theodore Bock (Simon Scott), a local businessman who is trying to acquire the farmers' property for reasons of his own and who is more than willing to use intimidation, torture and murder to achieve his goal. However, Bock's most powerful weapon is the Juggernaut, a primitive tank that he uses to crush anything (and anyone) in his way.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Bock is defeated rather easily when Jim and Artie steal his tank.
- Large Ham: Artie in disguise as Texas millionaire ELLSWORTH B. CALDWELL - B STANDS FOR BIG! HAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
- No Indoor Voice: See Large Ham above. Seriously, Yosemite Sam would tell him to turn it down a notch.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The county clerk who refuses to help Jim out... and has a couple of goons to back him up.
- Slipping a Mickey: Artie is given a drink which he realizes is spiked, but drinks it anyway so as not to break character.
- Tank Goodness: Pretty much the point of the episode. The Juggernaut adheres to the show's Steampunk aesthetic, but is painted like a contemporary sports car—bright red, decorated with yellow lightning bolts!
- Tempting Fate: Just as Lyle Dixon (Floyd Patterson), the farmer who leads the opposition to Bock, assures his friends that "there ain't nothing that can run us off our land—nothing!", the Juggernaut tank busts into their meeting.
- Unwitting Pawn: Lonie Millard (Gloria Calomee) loves and respects Bock as a surrogate father figure; she thinks he is a good, honest man. He, on the other hand, is simply using her as a front and is perfectly willing to kill her, if necessary. Jim tries to convince her that Bock is just using her; she's finally does a Heel–Face Turn when she sees Bock's men about to beat up Artie, and Bock responds by taking her hostage.