Recap: The Wild Wild West S 2 E 22 The Night Of The Deadly Bubble
Professor McClennan alerts West and Gordon to the fact that a series of recent tidal waves may not be naturally caused. When he is killed before he can elaborate, the agents join forces with Professor Abigail Pringle, McClennan's colleague, and eventually get on the trail of Captain Horatio Philo, a marine biologist with rather extreme ideas on how to ensure the preservation of the world's oceans.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Animal Wrongs Group: Captain Philo and his minions plan to destroy mankind to save the fish.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Dr. Pringle gets falling-down drunk on two glasses of brandy.
- Evil Vegetarian: Captain Philo. He eats only kelp.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Dr. Pringle. (In fact, she doesn't even need glasses; she wears them precisely because of this trope.)
- Obfuscating Disability: The Dragon likes to pose as a blind beggar.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Jim sabotages Captain Philo's doomsday device, his mooks make a run for it. So he kills them all with a cave-in.