Episode - 7F05\\
First Aired - 11/08/1990
Homer tells his bar buddies the story of how his drunken antics at a baseball game with his boss landed him a job as a dancing mascot for the Isotopes.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AsHimself: The first time in the show, with Tony Bennett appearing as himself.
* BaseballEpisode: Homer is the mascot for the Isotopes.
* CallBack: The Capital City Goofball would later return in "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS7E2122ShortFilmsAboutSpringfield 22 Short Films About Springfield]]" in a short cameo.
* [[TheCameo Celebrity Cameo]]: That's actually Tony Bennett singing "Capital City".
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: In this episode, Homer actually asks Mr. Burns for time off work so he can be a dancing mascot. These days, Homer not going to work at the nuclear plant because of a new job he has for the episode and not telling Mr. Burns about it are ''very'' commonplace.
* LocationSong: "Capital City", where Music/TonyBennett sings an appropriate theme song about it, in itself a parody of the PepTalkSong "Theme From New York, New York"
* MoonwalkDance: As part of his dancing as "Dancin' Homer", Homer performs a moonwalk.
* NationalAnthem: Bleeding Gums Murphy sings "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the game where Homer first does his dance. Murphy sings the anthem for ''26 minutes''. The only person still standing straight up with her hand on her heart, and a smile on her face throughout is, no surprise, Lisa.
* OverlyLongName: As this episode establishes, Mr. Burns doesn't call them "company parties" or "picnics." He calls them "Springfield Nuclear Power Plant Employee, Spouse, & No More Than Three Children Nights."
* PetTheDog: Mr. Burns buys Homer a large beer during the baseball game, and the two bond by heckling the players.
* SpecialGuest: Daryl L. Coley as "Bleeding Gums" Murphy; Ken Levine as Dan Horde; Tom Poston as the Capital City Goofball
* UrExample: This is the first episode to feature Homer taking a different job.
* WholeEpisodeFlashback: Homer flashes back on failing to be a dancing mascot for the entire episode, only in the end realizing that he might not be a loser at all, because everyone enjoyed listening to the tale of this failure and want to hear it again.