Lisa discovers a rare desert plant that turns aggressive animals docile, while a pharmaceutical company wants to buy it off her to create a new drug.
* AIIsACrapshoot: [[DiscussedTrope Discussed]]. One of the girls who were compared to robots said they were not because robots might develop human feelings.
* BaitAndSwitchComment: After Lisa's run-in with the scorpions, she said the plants that calmed them down saved her from a terrible fate: not getting an A for her next Science Project.
** When Homer first witnessed the effects of the liquid drug on the scorpions, he deduced that, if it work on tough animals, it could work on tough stains and then used it to remove a stain from his shirt.
* DoubleStandard: Upon learning of Lisa's discovery, Homer commented she'd be a scientist if she were a boy.
* EyeScream: The side effect of the drug causes the eye balls to fall out and hang by their optic nerves.
* GuestStar: Creator/WernerHerzog as Walter Hottenhoffer.
** To ''WesternAnimation/WileECoyoteAndTheRoadRunner'' at the dessert.
** The head of the pharmaceutical company claims to be [[Literature/CharlieAndTheChocolateFactory Augustus Gloop]].
* ShownTheirWork: The roadrunner from the beginning has two toes in front and two in back like in real life.
* TakeThat: To Arizona State University (the line about the cold, emotionless women being Arizona State University coeds instead of robots, because robots have the potential to develop feelings)