A Three Shorts
episode for Valentine's Day presents spoofs of Bonnie and Clyde
and Lady and the Tramp
, and a Sid and Nancy
sendup with Nelson and Lisa.
- Alliterative Name: Robby Robin.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: A dog catcher told Dog Bart and Dog Lisa he'd put them to sleep...by boring them with some tales...and then he'd kill them.
- G-Rated Drug: The Sid and Nancy spoof has Nelson and Lisa addicted to chocolate instead of cocaine.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Shady called the Vamp a "bitch," even though that is the technical term for a female dog (it's just been used as a misogynistic slur so much, no one, except for dog breeders or anyone who works with animals, would recognize the original definition).
- Meaningful Name: Clyde stole his gun from a store named "Tommy's Guns".
- Nobody Calls Me Chicken: Clyde tells Bonnie nobody calls him "chicken" without goading him into doing something stupid.
- Shout-Out: Robby Robin is a parody of Woody Woodpecker.
- When Shady tells Vamp that she had babies, he utters "Ruh-roh".
- Take That: A Goofy Expy would rather endure the gas chamber than work for Disney.