Recap / The Simpsons S 19 E 12 Love Springfieldian Style
When Homer and Marge get stuck on a Tunnel of Love ride thanks to some Jell-O (even though it would be very easy for them to just get off the ride, thus making the entire episode an Idiot Plot
), they decide to pass the time by telling three stories of love: Homer and Marge as 1930s bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde, a Lady and the Tramp
parody again starring Homer and Marge (with some ancillary Simpsons
characters as supporting cast), and a Sid and Nancy
parody with Nelson Muntz and Lisa Simpson as punk couple Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.
- Alliterative Name: Robby Robin.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: A dog catcher told Dog Bart and Dog Lisa he'd put them to sleep... by boring them with some tales... and then he'd kill them.
- Ballistic Discount: Averted. Clyde doesn't need to shoot anybody for his stolen gun. He simply punches through the glass and picks one of the guns without even entering the shop.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Ned (who had been an unwilling accomplice to Homer and Marge during their Bonnie and Clyde tale) is quite willing to allow them to continue their criminal rampage throughout the country... up until he hears that they are unmarried.
- G-Rated Drug: The Sid and Nancy spoof has Nelson and Lisa addicted to chocolate instead of cocaine.
- Meaningful Name: Clyde stole his gun from a store named "Tommy's Guns".
- Miss Conception: Alone with Shady after a romantic dinner at Luigi's, Vamp tells Shady "I am in heat. That's the safe time, right?", to which Shady (presumably despite better knowledge) replies "Oh, the safest!". Predictably, Vamp gets pregnant.
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: Clyde tells Bonnie nobody calls him "chicken" without goading him into doing something stupid.
- Take That!: A Goofy Expy would rather endure the gas chamber than work for Disney.
- What an Idiot!: Clyde shoots his stolen gun and steels oat from his own store ("Barrow & Son"), as Lampshaded by his tied-up-to-an-office-chair father, who even tells Clyde that he could take anything he wanted since he is a co-owner.