Recap: The Simpsons S 19 E 12 Love Springfieldian Style
When Homer and Marge get stuck on a Tunnel of Love ride thanks to some Jell-O (even though it would be very easy for them to just get off the ride, thus making the entire episode an Idiot Plot
), they decide to pass the time by telling three stories of love: Homer and Marge as 1930s bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde, a Lady and the Tramp
parody again starring Homer and Marge (with some ancillary Simpsons
characters as supporting cast), and a Sid and Nancy
parody with Nelson Muntz and Lisa Simpson as punk couple Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.
- Alliterative Name: Robby Robin.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: A dog catcher told Dog Bart and Dog Lisa he'd put them to sleep...by boring them with some tales...and then he'd kill them.
- G-Rated Drug: The Sid and Nancy spoof has Nelson and Lisa addicted to chocolate instead of cocaine.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Shady called the Vamp a "bitch," even though that is the technical term for a female dog (it's just been used as a misogynistic slur so much, no one, except for dog breeders or anyone who works with animals, would recognize the original definition).
- Meaningful Name: Clyde stole his gun from a store named "Tommy's Guns".
- Nobody Calls Me Chicken: Clyde tells Bonnie nobody calls him "chicken" without goading him into doing something stupid.
- Shout-Out: Robby Robin is a parody of Woody Woodpecker.
- When Shady tells Vamp that she had babies, he utters "Ruh-roh".
- Take That: A Goofy Expy would rather endure the gas chamber than work for Disney.