Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 24 Good Genes Part 1
Agent Bishop has Stockman work on a cure for the outbreak, but he has no successful results. Just then, Bishop is contacted by a mysterious entity offering him an artifact that will help him to protect the Earth. He agrees to retrieve it.Meanwhile, the Turtles have decided to go to Bishop to find a cure for Donatello.
This episode provides examples of
- Actually Pretty Funny: Bishop seems lightly amused when Mikey suggests that he has a UFO watching them from space.
- Area51: Bishop's base
- Back from the Dead: Stockman, much to his anger.
- Book Ends: In "Aliens Among Us", Bishop corners Don and tries to shoot him with a gauntlet-mounted gun. In "Good Genes Part 1", he tries the exact same thing when Don, who's been mutated for a second time, starts tearing up Area 51. Fitting, considering "Aliens Among Us" sets up the Outbreak arc, and "Good Genes Part 1" is the first part of the resolution.
- Chekhov's Gun: Stockman's helicopter from "Insane in the Membrane".
- Continuity Nod: Leatherhead mentions his imprisonment and torture at the hands of Bishop.
- Deal with the Devil: Leo even referred to making a Deal with Bishop as this.
- Enemy Mine: The Turtles team up with Bishop and Stockman to help Don and stop the outbreak mutagen
- Find the Cure: The Turtles desperately need a cure for Donnie's secondary mutation, fast, as Leatherhead explains that Bishop's alien chemical agent is reacting violently with the Utrom mutagen already in his system, killing him.
- Hesitation Equals Dishonesty: Bishop hesitates before telling the Turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead that he has a cure for Don.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Splinter to Mutant Donatello two times. One is barely successful, while the other is a failure.
- Leg Cling: Monster Don, to Mikey
- People Jars: Monster Don and the mutant city worker from "Outbreak" are held in these