open/close all folders
Mission 1: Introductions and a Battle
Pages: 1-10 Characters Introduced:
- "Kyokotsu" Showtaro
- Thomas "Tom" J. Ward
- Benjamin "Ben" Kirby Tennyson
- Khârn the Betrayer
- Diamonds Droog
- Viewtiful Joe
- John "Soap" MacTavish
- Sun Wukong
- (Toon) Link
- Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada
- Marisa Kirisame
- The Lone Wanderer
- Vriska Serket
- Most of the characters are taken to an unknown floor, being greeted by a pair of ghost hands that forced them to go to a room.
- The party steps inside a chessboard-like room, seeing a Rubik's Cube called the Variable. It greets them on their arrival.
- The Variable requests the party to stop the Hypotheses. They accept.
- The party heads into the Dynasty Warriors portal to fight Lu Bu and his army.
- Lu Bu fought the party and held them back before Diamonds, Ben and the Wanderer defeated him.
- Kharn takes his head.
- Kirby swallowed Droog and duplicated his skills.
- Emerl analyzed Joe and copied his speech mannerisms.
- The Hypothesis in charge of the floor, Nue, is punished for his failure.
Mission 2: Only in New York
Pages: 10-29 Characters Introduced: Events:
- A few more characters appear to join the party.
- A feast has been prepared to celebrate the party's first success. A notepad's been given to allow the party to summon needed items with a limit.
- Wukong takes the notepad before he entered the New York portal.
- After the party's entrance to New York, they are accused of being superheroes.
- Stone is morally conflicted on firing at the NYPD officers due to his old job as a Special Duties Unit operative.
- Kharn tries to attack a NYPD officer, resulting in a counterattack.
- Deadpool enters the scene, hoping to make some quick cash by helping to catch the Visitors.
- After getting their hands on a military vehicle, most of the Visitors are forced to flee in Liberty Island, where they barricade their position.
- Mr. Fantastic and Iron Man arrive in the island to apprehend the party. Things aren't going well.
- Ouja and the Wanderer kill civilians in the course of the scenario. Stone calls them out for their actions.
- Eragon and Hiro appear to fight off Iron Man-led SHIELD forces.
- Most of the Visitors engage Mr. Fantastic. They later engage Sleipner, but he overpowers the party.
- Zeratul appears in New York, joining the Visitors in attacking Sleipner.
- A semi-enraged Viewtiful Joe weakens Slepnir by dropping the Statue of Liberty's arm on it
- Higher-ranked Hypothesis help Slepnir retreat, but it is implied that he will be severely punished by them later
- The party returns back, thanks to the Variable's intervention. They get some rest.
Intermission 1: Break Time
Pages: 29-32 Events:
- The party made it back to the Variable, giving them sanctuary for them to rest.
- Kharn and Ouja engage in a sparring session.
- Stone gives the broken cue stick he used back to Diamonds.
- Ben and Commander Shepard talk about alien politics.
Mission 3: For Christmas!
Pages: 32-42 Events:
- The Variable readies a portal for the party to head to Halloween Town.
- When the inhabitants began to sing, most of the party were confused before a few joined in.
- Mini Oogies were deployed against the Visitors. The battle begins.
- Fighting their way past the little Oogies, they enter Christmas Town, encountering a giant horde of the things. After fighting, the original Oogie came out of hiding and engaged in battle.
- After the Visitors struck down its giant form, a cocoon of unknown origin appeared where its heart was.
- The cocoon hatches into a scorpion-esque form of Oogie.
- Stone provides assistance to Toon Link when it comes to keeping Oogie somewhat restrained.
- The Visitors manage to trap Oogie under one of his own attacks, which destroys his 'Perfect' form.
- Christmas is saved, and Diamonds steps on the last remnant of Oogie.
- Santa thanks the Visitors by giving them a copy of his list. Shepard holds onto it to keep track of his crew's status.
- A bored and intrigued Jack decides to join the Visitors.
Intermission 2: Housing
Pages: 42-50 Characters Introduced: Events:
- The Visitors return back only to have cardboard boxes as their living accommodations. Needless to say, they are pissed.
- Once it's revealed that the boxes can transform into actual buildings, everyone begins to get their residences up.
- A few Visitors return back to their homeworlds temporarily to get their equipment fixed or obtain new ones.
- Toon Link brings back fairies representing Wisdom, Courage, and Strength after visiting his homeword.
- Diamonds borrows the arsenal of the rest of the Midnight Crew.
- Kharn steals a refrigerator from Stone's place after throwing him and Soap a distraction in the form of a gagged man.
- Stone gives chase to Kharn. Other people follow, mostly due to intrigue.
- After a display of her power, Link's Strength fairy says that she may help Kharn to become a better warrior if he does well on the next floor.
- Kharn and Stone confront each other over the latter's stolen fridge after the Lone Wanderer drops it after being caught.
- Chibiterasu appears.
- The portal to the Persona world appears.
Mission 4: Inside TV
Pages: 50-73 Events:
- Everyone was able to get in the TV that led to the Midnight Channel.
- The Visitors confront the Shadows, not being hostile yet. They engage them after the Shadows become hostile.
- Stone leads the group to the nearest catwalk.
- The Visitors engage Link's Shadow, a huge eagle with the ability to make tornadoes.
- Wukong arrives in time to help the others subdue the Shadow.
- After the Visitors defeated it, Toon Link decides to accept his Shadow self.
- The team travels further down to see a vault door. Everyone begins preparations to bust it open.
- The Visitors confront the Shadow Lone Warrior before the real ones accepts it.
- Shotaro confronts the Shadow Shotaro while the others fight against the skeleton warriors.
- The Visitors were able to help Shotaro confront his Shadow, being able to return to see the Variable.
- The Variable opened a portal to another world after allowing the Visitors to prepare for the next mission.
Mission 5: Another World
Pages: 73 - 88 Characters Introduced: Events:
- The Visitors engage giant sock monsters, leaving some of them confused.
- Axe Cop greets the Visitors, letting go on board his T-Rex.
- A Ninja vs Pirate match is underway.
- The Visitors were able to win the match and leave the place.
- As the Visitors wait, Kharn follows them with a bloodied bone.
- Skulduggery arrives.