Recap: Supernatural S 03 E 05 Bedtime Stories
Recap of Supernatural Season 3, Episode 5:
Written by Cathryn Humphris.
Directed by Mike Rohl.
Airdate: November 1, 2007
Sam and Dean investigate a series of fairy-tale-themed murders in Maple Springs, New York
. A little girl with dark hair has been seen at the scenes of the crimes, and the brothers figure out that it's the projected spirit of a girl who was poisoned and put into a coma by her wicked stepmother.
For this episode = 6 humans and 1 demon.
For the series so far = At least 210 humans, 15 ghosts, 12 demons, 6 changelings, 5 vampires, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 1 djinn, 1 god, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, and 1 zombie.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Dean briefly dismisses Sam's "fairy tales coming to life" theory as "a little crazy." Sam counters thusly:
What, crazier than every day of our lives? Dean: Touché
- At the Crossroads: Sam this time. Though he doesn't actually make a deal.
- Because I Said So: Dean, although, according to Sam, their dad is the only one for whom this is a valid argument.
- The Big Bad Wolf: A young man with a Wile E. Coyote tattoo gets hypnotized into being this.
- The Brothers Grimm
- Comatose Canary: Callie somehow makes the people in her town reenact the fairy tales read to her by her father.
- Cool Gun: The revamped Colt returns.
- Creepy Child: Callie's spirit.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette:
- The crossroads demon's vessel, again.
- Hair Decs: Callie's spirit has a red headband.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Callie, in keeping with her Snow White theme.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The crossroads demon.
- Terrible Artist: Sam, when pretending to be a police sketch artist.
- Title Drop:
Dean: Oh, wait, I thought all those things ended with everybody living happily ever after.
Sam: No, no, not the originals. See, the Grimm brothers' stuff was kinda like the folklore of its day, full of sex, violence, cannibalism...it got sanitized over the years, turned into Disney flicks and bedtime stories.