Recap: Stargate Atlantis S 05 E 06 The Shrine
- Keller: Come on now, you're Dr. McKay. Remember?McKay: No, I'm not anymore. I'm not smart anymore. Doctors are smart, so I'm mister. Now.
- Anachronic Order
- Arbitrary Skepticism
- Cave Behind the Falls
- Designated Love Interest
- Dying Declaration of Love
- "Flowers for Algernon" Syndrome
- Hidden Depths: When Ronon accuses Woolsey of not understanding the severity of Rodney's condition, he replies with a heartfelt story about his father's long battle and eventual death from Alzheimer's. Made more poignant as it's one of the few times we ever see Woolsey acting emotional and opening up to the team.
- No Kill Like Overkill: When the parasite leaves McKay's head and Keller drops it to the dirt, Ronon vaporizes it with his Hand Cannon.Sheppard: You could have stepped on it.
Ronon: She told me to shoot it.
- Reset Button: After what ends up being relatively minor surgery (a simple trepanation instead of a full laproscopic procedure as planned), McKay is back to his old self.
- Ship Tease: McKay, when distressed, calls only for John.
- Tear Jerker: The entire episode is filled with these moments.