After successfully saving Master Plo and his men, Anakin devises and leads an attack against the Malevolence.
This episode provides examples of:
- Ace Pilot: Anakin and Plo Koon. Lampshaded by Ahsoka:
Ahsoka: Master you can make it, but everyone else is getting shot down.
- Bittersweet Ending: The episode ends with the leader of the med-centre thanking Anakin for the many thousand lives his squadron saved. Anakin's answer makes it clear that he's very bitter about the loss it took for them to achieve this.
- Bus Full of Innocents: The medical centre.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Lampshaded by the droids:
Battle droid 1: This is a lot more fun when they're not shooting back.
Battle droid 2: I still can't seem to hit anything.
- Outrun the Fireball: Anakin's attack strategy is based on the theory that the small and agile fighter bombers can evade the ion cannon's fire.
- Space Clouds: Anakin's plan is to navigate through a short-cut in a nebula, in order to arrive to the medical centre before the Malevolence.
- Space Friction: Matchstick's bomber is destroyed because a damaged part can't take the acceleration when he tries to avoid the shot of the ion cannon. Also, whenever the ion cannon hits a ship, and short-circuits its engines, the ship immediately halts dead in space. These latter cases might be justified ones, as a concentrated globe of ions indeed has friction.
- Space Is an Ocean: Zigzagged. Sometimes Anakin's squad plays it straight, with no or minimal vector changes, sometimes they actually remember that they can go in any direction, but then they have to deal with Space Friction, as noted above.
- Space Whale: The Neebray manta colony living in the nebula.
- We Have Reserves: Grievous fires the ion cannon at Anakin's squadron, paying no heed to his own droid fighters in the area.