After succesfully saving Master Plo and his men, Anakin plans out, and leads an attack against the Malevoulence.
This episode provides examples of:
- Ace Pilot: Anakin and Plo Koon. Lampshaded by Ahsoka:
Ahsoka: Master you can make it, but everyoneelse is getting shot down.
- Bitter Sweet Ending: The episode ends with the leader of the med-centre thanking Anakin for the many thousand lives his squadron saved. Anakin's answer makes it clear that he's very bitter about the loss it took for them to achive this.
- Bus Full of Innocents: The medical centre.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Lampshaded by the droids:
Battle droid 1: This is a lot more fun when they're not shooting back.
Battle droid 2: I still can't seem to hit anything.
- Outrun the Fireball: Anakin's attack strategy is based on the theory that the small and agile fighter bombers can evade the ion-cannon's shot.
- Space Clouds: Anakin's plan is to navigate through a short-cut in a nebula, in order to arrive to the medical centre before the Malevoulence.
- Space Friction: Matchstick's bomber was destroyed because a damaged part could't take the acceleration when he tired to avoid the shot of the ion-canon. Also, whenever the ion-canon hit a ship, and short-circutated their engines, the ships immediately stopped. These latter cases might be justified ones, as a concentrated globe of ions indeed have friction.
- Space Is an Ocean: Zig-zaged. Sometimes Anakin's squad plays it straight, with no or minimal vector changes, sometimes they actually remember that they can go in any direction, but then they have to deal with Space Friction, as noted above.
- Space Whale: The Neebray manta colony living in the nebula.
- We Have Reserves: Grievous shot the ion canon to Anakin's squad, despite he already had several droidfighters in the area.