Short SummaryA two episode filler arc that takes place after the Thriller Bark Arc. The crew stop off at a artificial island with many a spa activity for them. While relaxing, they meet two sisters, Lina and Sayo, along with their pet raccoon, Munki, who are on the the island doing research for a gem. But Foxy and his crew are tailing them forcing the Straw Hats to get involved.
Spa Island Arc has the following tropes:
- A Day in the Limelight: A episode after this arc focuses on Brook's adjustment into the crew.
- Didn't Think This Through: Foxy's latest mecha being a mirror-covered machine of himself which allows him to reflet his Slow Slow beam. Of course mirrors are fragile and as he finds out when trying to use it again, can break easily if you slam the doors on it too hard.
- Likewise Luffy destroying the island with his Gear 3 move and forgetting about his side effect, as lampshaded by Sanji.
- Fanservice: Nami and Robin in a bikini for the whole time. Plus some Gainaxing from Nami (which is rarely seen in canon episodes).
- Man Behind the Man: The island's owner, Doran, who was the one who sent Foxy after the sisters.
- No Kill Like Overkill: When Doran captures Sayo and threatens to kill her with an over-sized canon.
- Hostage for MacGuffin: When he learns more about the sisters' research Doran kidnaps Sayo to force Lina and the Straw Hats to hand over the notebook.
- Tanuki: Munki, the sisters' sea raccoon. Like the mythological one, he can transform himself into various things, including a doll-sized clone of Nami.