Recap: Merlin S 03 E 03 Goblins Gold
Goblin's GoldMerlin releases a trapped goblin
. Hilarity Ensues
- Bluff The Imposter: Arthur does this with the possessed Gaius, only to be immediately knocked out afterwards.
- Bookcase Passage
- Breather Episode
- Cringe Comedy: The goblin covers Sir Leon in boils, gives Arthur donkey ears, makes Uther's hair fall out, and forces Morgana and Gwen to break wind in front of the entire court.
- Curiosity Is a Crapshoot: Should have just left that box alone, Merlin.
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: A non-fatal example, when Merlin releases the goblin.
- Fantastic Arousal: Arthur's reaction when Guinevere begins to stroke his donkey ears.
- For the Lulz: The goblin's only motivation (outside of accumulating gold).
- Goblin Possession
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Arthur suggests this to Gwen. She's very receptive to the idea.
- Our Goblins Are Different: Small and vindictive.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: The Goblin-in-Gaius gets away with a fair bit of bad behaviour thanks to this trope.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The goblin, who was sealed in a box, then escaped to torment everyone in the castle, and then resealed after being trapped by Merlin and Gwen.
- Spooky Silent Library
- Tasty Gold: A variation. Goblin-in-Gaius doesn't lick gold to check its authenticity, but because it tastes good.
- The Trickster: The goblin.
- Unusual Ears: Arthur temporarily gets donkey ears.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Merlin finds the trapped goblin in a secret room behind a bookcase in the library. It's filled with magical books and paraphenalia, but he never revisits it and we never learn anything more about it.