"Let's go rob Mickey Moscone, a guy who kills people, and lives in our city."
A restaurant owner, Ray, takes the blame for murder by a mobster, Nicky Moscone, who he owes money to. Five years later, his wife comes to the Leverage team to try and get her husband out. Nate isn't too happy about it, but the woman is a friend of Sophie's and so he listens. The mob boss promised to take care of her family, but he never paid a dime. All she wants is the restaurant back.As they canvas the estate, they notice an FBI surveillance van nearby, and Nate decides to borrow theirs. Parker and Hardison show up dressed in suits, and pass themselves off as agents. Parker lifts an ID off one of them and makes a copy of it. Hardison helps himself to the computer.At the FBI building, Eliot comes in to take the files off the computer, but finds they’re full of audio tapes. Hardison sets off the fire alarm and Eliot uses the disturbance to escape. After listening to tapes for hours, Hardison finds out Moscone keeps his money in an offshore accounts in the Caimans. Nate asks where the cash is, and its somewhere on the estate. They listen to a conversation between Moscone and his wife as she demands help setting up their daughter’s wedding. Nate sees that as their in.Sophie arrives there as a wedding planner, with the rest of the team as her help.Parker begins searching for safes upstairs, Sophie is looking downstairs, Hardison is planting listening devices, and Eliot…is cooking.Nate gets roped into having a drink with Moscone and his future son-in-law. After the boy leaves, Moscone admits that he offered thousands to walk away, but he refused. Moscone says he has yet to meet a man without a price. Then a call comes in. Later, they listen to the audio of it, and find out Moscone is doing a deal at the wedding, which means they have to get the money out from under his nose, while running the wedding.The wedding day arrives and Parker gets dressed in a bridesmaid dress, which she says in an all-access pass at a wedding. Hardison sets up as a DJ and brings his surveillance network up. The guests arrive, including The Butcher.
- Eliot: Does he have the lamb chops?Hardison: The Butcher of Kiev.
Tropes stolen in this Job:
- Bitter Wedding Speech: Nate gives an interesting example, as he's the one performing the wedding!
- Brutal Honesty: Parker really doesn't have any tact while helping the bridesmaid with her dress.
- Chef of Iron: Eliot shows his stuff here.
- The Dreaded: The Butcher of Kiev.
- Engineered Public Confession: How the team brings Moscone down and frees Ray Palermo. During the confrontation Sergei mentions how Moscone "shot my brother like a dog in that restaurant" and Moscone desperately says "look it was a mistake." Parker arranges for the FBI spying on Moscone to hear that part of the confrontation; due to the unique circumstances Moscone is arrested for the crime.
- Every Man Has His Price: Moscone's philosophy, though he couldn't find one to make Adam walk away.
- Fall Guy: Ray.
- Israelis with Infrared Missiles: Moscone's home is protected by an Israeli-made Tikva security system, developed to protect Israeli military bases.
- Loan Shark: Moscone.
- The Mafia
- Mafia Princess: Maria Mascone.